Thursday 2 August 2012

Raekwon waxes nostalgic about the original release of "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx..."(azungumzia  ukweli wa album yake ya mwanzo)
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... is regarded not only as one of the best Wu-Tang Clan releases to date, but also one of Hip Hops premier albums.
On the 17-year anniversary of the album's release, Rae recalled his state of mind while dropping the "Purple Tape" in an interview with MTV News.
"When I made that album I had so many visions for it; I was a super-visionary," explained Rae. "I would try to create everything to prove to the world, to prove to my company that this album is classic; it's ahead of its time."


Raekwon shared the satisfaction he felt from having his convictions vindicated. "I remember a lot of times people didn't understand that I was a dreamer on the level that I was with this project. And to be able to know that it attacked the world in the great way that it did and that it's legendary, all I can remember is telling people 'I told you so, I told you so.' ... I told them then it was a classic."
During the interview, Raekwon revealed that his next album would drop before 2014, and that he was intending to release Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. III. "I know that, at the end of the day, people are paying attention to the Three, and my thing is when I give them the Three, I wanna give you the Three and I'm gonna give it to you at the level you can respect it," explained the Wu-Tang vet. "I just want people to be open and understanding that he is concerned with us wanting to have Three, and at the same times, he gonna do other things to impress the masses as well."
Pusha T recalls Kanye West praising his new album,says it reminds him of Hell(kanye west anena juu ya album ya pusha t)
Since signing with G.O.O.D. Music in 2011, fans have been anticipating Pusha T's debut LP from the house of Kanye West. Now, in a recent interview with MTV, the Clipse alum recalls the Chicago super producer's reactions to his impending debut Devil's Advocate.


Pusha T said that Kanye's initial response to his album, whose name is taken from the 1997 Al Pacino film, positive, comparing it to a vision of Hell. He went to say to describe his anticipated project, saying that "the streets will be happy" with its sound.


"When it's over, he says, 'Yo, you know that if you die and hear your music, you know you ended up in hell, right?' " he says. "I don't know how to take that. Is that a good thing to say or a bad thing to say...he was like, 'Damn you painted some hell of a picture in this joint,' I was like, 'Well I guess the streets will be happy.'"


"Devil's Advocate is a very dark movie, but at the same time, visually the album is based off of that because I speak about the harsh realities of street life but there's a lot of glitz and glamour that comes along with that. If you just look at it at face value, you might think, 'It sounds a bit like he's glorifying [street life],' but when you get tuned into the record, you realize that you get both sides of it."
Talib Kweli rattles off a list of features to expect on his upcoming album.(ataja watakao feature kwenye album yake)
Talib Kweli is putting the wheels in motion for his upcoming album Prisoner of Consciousness. During an interview with Sermon's Domain, the Brooklyn, New York rapper revealed that his LP is slated to drop in October and that guests including RZA, Curren$y, Miguel, Kendrick Lamar and Busta Rhymes are expected to make the final cut.


"Shit, let’s see, we got Miguel and Melanie [Fiona] and Kendrick and Curren$y, my man Rubix, Sara Jorge, Maino, Busta Rhymes, RZA… This album has more features than any album I’ve ever put out, but I don’t want that to take away from the fact that this is my album. I’ve always been into features, I’ve always been into collaborations – with Mos Def, with Hi-Tek, with Madlib, with Res – I always do a new group. But this album, I really wanted to… Eardrum had a lot of features too, but that had a lot more songs on it than this album.


Kweli, who is also prepping the release of his mixtape Attack the Block, said that Prisoner of Consciousness will convey a shift in the way that he approaches writing. "Maybe experimenting might have been the wrong word for me to use, but just a different direction. Songs that are more focused on life and what people are going through, and dealing with the social conditions in that way as opposed to speaking directly to the social conditions. That’s what I’m really trying to do with this album."

No comments: